Tuesday 13 April 2021

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Room at 243, Toronto

 

Panel Discussion

 

English was not her first language and she also struggled with my Sanskrit name. However, she properly pronounced the “Swami” part. The best she could come up with for my first name, Bhaktimarga, was “beautiful.” So, there you have it, “Beautiful Swami.” It was a sweet flattery. She also made mention of my intense orange top.

 

It was a Zoom call and Beautiful Swami was on the panel with other spiritual leaders represented by Catholicism, Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism, Protestant and Hare Krishna. We did speak on the theme of creation, based on what the respective, distinct scriptures have to say.

 

I would say it was fun, although, the moderator could use some training in watching the time. The program, which was meant to be of an interfaith nature, ended up being very agenda-driven. It was primarily a Christian cheerleading session. Still, I’m grateful to be involved and to quote the Bhagavad-Gita. Truly it’s a pleasure to have such a session in the middle of the day.

 

This is my second to last day for isolation, according to the Public Health Consultant who contacted me by phone. I told him I live in a monastery but I am definitely nestled away from the world. I mentioned about my mild Covid symptoms and also how my noon-time meal is made and delivered, with care, brought from a congregant who lives in the suburbs, and who leaves it at the green bin outside. They call me and wave their hands as greeting from the ground level. Such love!

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: