Wednesday 12 August 2020

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Christie Pits, Toronto

 

Latest Zooming

 

Since Thursday I’ve kept a special connection with Florida through Zoom. First of all I offer a regular “Gita’ class for some folks in Gainesville. With this group we are combing through this Divine text and have just completed chapter TWO. On Friday I networked with children, aged seven to fourteen, within the Alachua community. With this younger group I was charading out the story of Krishna and the Kaliya serpent. The response was great.

 

Today, or this morning rather, I was online with the Tampa group. We managed to work on a verse from the book, Bhagavatam, from a chapter titled, “The Perfect Society,” on the subject of two successful yogis. One was Sati, the wife of Siva, who dealt with an ordeal of insult toward her persona. She decided to renounce the world, and her body, through yogic fire consumption. This, of course, left Siva in an emotional state.

 

The second person to leave the world through yogic mysticism was a blind king, Dhrtarastra. He reached the end of his life and decided to depart by means of invoking the elements for his demise. He could foresee the coming darkness of Kali. His brother, Vidura, encouraged him to depart from the palace. “Don’t let anyone know of your exiting the palace. Go for that long walk to the north and leave this mortal world of your own volition,” urged Vidura.

 

For me I just aspire for my walk tonight, and a swim tomorrow, at the beach. It would be so good for me, being in the water.

 

May the Source be with you!

6 km

 

No comments: