Monday 31 August 2020

Monday, August 24, 2020

Christie Pits, Toronto

 

Radha on the Road

 

Today is a warm-up for tomorrow’s dedication to the goddess. Her name is Radha and She is the eternal partner of Krishna. Krishna has many queens but She, Radha, is the special one. We are not in a position to imitate Krishna due to the transcendent nature of Krishna, whereas we are individuals struggling to keep up our lives together. We are only able to do so with the resources that belong to the Supreme Master, Krishna.

 

When we chant the powerful mantra known as the maha mantra, we receive the benefit of Radha’s name included in the sound vibration. When the name “Hare” is uttered we are addressing Radha.

 

When I took to walking east on Bloor, I was chanting names of both Radha and Krishna. There were no interruptions on my journey to the Pits, however, on my return I met a person who once was a man and now is a woman. I had personally known this individual, who has come to our temple over the years. When she originally made the switch I had a hard time accepting the change but I’ve grown used to it. We chatted for a bit and unfortunately we became occupied in Covid conversation. I believe I mentioned about Radha’s birthday tomorrow.

 

Radha is the female aspect of the Divine. Krishna is the male aspect. They are two in one. They don’t need to switch as they are permanently situated as Divine Mother and Divine Father.

 

May the Source be with you!

6 km


 

No comments: