Tuesday 11 December 2018

Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Fallowfield / Ottawa

Off the Train

The conductor announced, "Fallowfield is next. Fallowfield coming up!"  https://www.instagram.com/p/BrPtD7YANuj/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=gky6f1phbw3u

That registered with me, however, I had been caught up in reading, absorbed in the stories of monk Chaitanya.  Oops!  The train stopped.  This is where I get off.  I was swift on my feet and de-trained like anything.  There at the station was Surinder to pick me up for a short drive to his home for lunch, before heading to the Ottawa ISKCON Centre on 212 Somerset Street.

Actually, I was quite absorbed in reading about the demeanour of someone by the name of Ramachandra Puri.  He was a monk whom everyone despised.  He excelled in fault-finding, which is never good for anyone in spiritual life.  You could call him a fanatic.  It was humourous though, going over his nit-picking habits, finding faults in other monks over petty matters.

This is material for a new play! I thought.

Anyway, I made it to the kirtan,and delivered a class from 10.10 of the Gita.  The subject of the message was "Be A Giver."  The essential principle here is to recognize God in the heart giving us the intelligence to make the right devotional decisions.

It was great meeting a young guy who is a student at Ottawa U.  He explained he'd been dancing on the dark side of the moon with alcohol, but: "That's behind me," he proudly said. 

I expressed that we have to start giving to ourselves.

No walking today.  Time constraints.  Woe is me!

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: