Friday 7 December 2018

Sunday, December 2nd, 2018

Havana, Cuba

They Are Warm

At 5:20 a.m., I trekked to the Maleson, the sea wall at the north shore in Havana.  I headed east.  There, sitting on the sea wall, was Ekanath, a young Cuban I had given diksha, initiation, to about five years ago.

"I can't believe.  I was praying (chanting) to God and my guru shows up."  It was mystical for the two of us.  We made the best of the encounter.  "I couldn't sleep last night." he said. "I decided to come here, by the ocean to chant."

"Fine.  Let's walk."  So we did and then sang the song to honour the guru.  It was time to now prepare for the wedding of George and Elizabeth.  The venue was near the ocean in the midst of shady mango and avocado trees.  Bananas were nearby and the devotee property of 2.6 acres has plentiful cacti to border the lot.

The marriage was wonderful.  Ananda did a masterful job as priest.  I spoke from 8.14 of the Gita.  The place was so wild.  We extended our stay to a good six hours.

The newlyweds found out about Krishna Consciousness through the book fair of last year where Bhaktivedanta Book Trust had publications on display.  One thing led to another and before you know it, we had married them.  They now read and chant daily.  They are moving along nicely in spiritual life.

In general people are great in Cuba.  They are warm.

May the Source be with you!
5 km



No comments: