Saturday 1 December 2018

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Brampton, Ontario

Not Bull-dozed

I crossed a parking lot in a Brampton plaza to get to Billy’s car.  I mentioned to passenger Kamala and Premaroni that I wasn’t so proud of not reaching my usual quota of the day.  What can be done?  Sometimes it works out that way.  I was busy with another one of those dramas.  Once again, and for the last time this year, we will stage “Many Mothers Many Fathers.”  

These dramas are morale boosters.  They are a way of bull-dozing maya (illusion).  Groucho Marx one time defined a bull-dozer as “a tranquilizer for a bull.” Ha ha!

Maya, indeed, must be tackled, otherwise the illusions and temptations of the world will tackle you.  

I was lucky to get some help from the local Brampton community pulling things together for the drama.  Since returning from Argentina, I had been trying to conscript assistance for acting and technical back-up.  I needed some extras as queens and jesters.  All were rather silent in response to my appeals.  I began losing hope.  Then the flood of phone calls came in at the eleventh hour; truly at around 11:00 o’clock.  It was quite mystical, actually.  So practice went on!  The extras and prime actors were happy.

When I returned back to the ashram, I pulled out some old photos of dramas past.  One picture is of myself as the personification of Dharma, the righteous, as represented by the bull.  The bull was not tranquilized.

May the Source be with you!
0km

No comments: