Saturday 29 December 2018

Sunday, December 23rd, 2018

Thunder Bay, Ontario

Get Over It!

He finally gets it.  Ananda, who's from Maharastra, India, and accustomed to a hot climate, came to terms with a reality.  Bravely he accepted my offer.  It's a short trek to the Vedic Centre, a mere six to seven kilometres from Prem's home.  It was the night before that he decided: "I'll go with you even though it's cold."  On top of that he has a bit of a limp which manifests after a short trek; the result of a past accident.

Well, Ananda crossed over a threshold, a barrier. "Like last night at the Marina Park I was hesitant, because of the cold, but then ten minutes into the walk (with a bay breeze off Lake Superior coming at us) I liked it.  I didn't want to go inside."

I always say, first of all, that it's purely psychological, this apprehension people have about walking, and then secondly, they are hesitant to do so in more extreme hot or cold weather conditions.  We are quite adaptable as humans.  You just have to dress for the occasion and become a hero.

Ananda and I trekked the light powdery snowfall of the morning.  We began in the dark but the snow itself, for the most part, lit the way along the creek. We conducted a morning sanga,and then again in the evening.  No walking to the Vedic Centre that second time.

In attendance were Angie and also Rich from Los Angeles.  They are good musicians and have some ties with the Sivananda society.  In came a slew of sharp students from Gujarat. Both Ananda and I took advantage of chanting, drumming and exquisite dance.  We had a blast.

In any event, I wish all people would adopt the attitude of Ananda as mentioned above.

May the Source be with you!
7 km

No comments: