Wednesday 25 November 2015

Friday, November 20th, 2015

Friday, November 20th, 2015
Brampton, Ontario

Going For A Cleaning
I was sitting in the dentist’s chair while the assistant was working at cleaning my teeth.  At one point, I began to slightly fade, a moment of fatigue hit me and the assistant could feel my teeth closing in on her fingers. 

“Sleepy?” she asked.

“Yes, a bit.” 

I had little time to say much more as she had to press on with her work but when I saw the opportunity I asked her, “Does it happen to many clients or am I the only one?”

“Yes, it happens enough, especially at this time of day.”  It was 3 PM

It was a consolation hearing that.  I lingered in that thought, reasoning that if I’m a trite tired it’s because I’m working hard for our mission in sharing higher consciousness with others. 

The assistant did a nice job.  I was complimented for keeping my teeth maintained well, although in the past my brushing was too aggressive.  I take pride in the preservation of my teeth.  I believe it is maya, illusion, to neglect the body God has given us to use as a tool in service to others. 

I asked the assistant, “Your name?”

“Sophia.”

“As in Loren?”

“I wish,” she said and with a great smile. 

From the dental clinic, Mandala, who was waiting for me, and I walked to the home of a Krishna devotee.  We took the scenic route and captured the willow trees, golden leafed and set against a bold blue sky, on our iPhone camera.  It was such a clean look.  And that’s how we have to be – clean in consciousness before leaving this world. 

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: