Wednesday 29 October 2014

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014

Mississauga, Ontario

It’s For You


I was hosted by Dharma and Manasi Ganga, a couple from Mississauga.  After the overnight stay, I helped myself to the streets before dawn.  It’s somewhat easy to get lost, being in the dark, and in the area of cookie-cut homes (where all looks the same), and lastly, when you put priority on the sound of the early morning – the maha mantra

Emanating from this humble servant’s mouth is Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, etc.  Outside of that, the odd car drives by, someone’s en route to work, or on a return, home after a graveyard shift.  And, as far as sound goes, I did hear a peep out of one bird.  Vayu, the wind god, didn’t help with the sound, he seemed to be asleep, and this was indicative of the pervading quiet.  Not even leaves were rustling.  At the edge of a forest signage tells of the presence of coyotes, and that from dusk to dawn it was not advisable to lurk there with a pet. 

No problem for me, my only pet is the strand of beads of benevolence that I’m carrying.  I was determined to put them to my usual vigilant use.  Beads have an anchoring effect in much the same way that a murti or deity of Krishna anchors the mind.  With that tactile sense, the fingers roll over those precious beads and gain a feeling of groundedness. 

I felt quite at home, though the sounds of summer are now silenced and the air, to my rating is fresh.  The enhanced solitude after days of crowds, queues and traffic, was quite welcome.  The early morning is meant for that, solitude and meditation. 

Take advantage of it, it’s for you.

May the Source be with you!

8 KM

No comments: