Wednesday 31 December 2008

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

In devotional life there is always a compelling force to see the coming days activities. As I made my way up Spadina Ave. in Chinatown as part of my walking regime I anticipated tomorrow- the time to share my devotional experiences with others at two community gatherings. I don’t necessarily plan my topics for speaking opportunities. It’s the way I am. It may be regarded as a weakness but I guess it’s my style to be fairly spontaneous. I take a verse from the Bhagavad- Gita and the method is to simply take inspiration from a particular verse and its companion purport and to coast along in that manner. I choose a verse often times, “on the spot.”

As I wrestle with the busy shoppers for space and make those peering glances at exotic and enticing produce on display and the less-enticing hanging flesh parts behind windows the experience makes for the basis of things to talk about. Somehow in all travel, whether on foot or otherwise, the things you see, smell, hear, and so on provides a portion of the data making discussion or a talk interesting and human.

As fog crept and glided over the snow laden soil of Queen’ s Park it left a picture of a perfect photo image. Towering leafless trees made dark contrasts to the space once walked by our guru. It is imagery like this that lays more groundwork on the subtle level for emotions to be expressed when delivering a public message of devotion.

10 Km

No comments: