Wednesday 10 December 2008

Monday, December 8th, 2008

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A ravine here leads one to an old brick-making factory. There is a magnificent solitude at this site near Bayview Avenue, it should not be surprising. I walked there at 1:30am (contending with jet lag to my adjustments). Everything was covered with snow. I’ve seen two adult fox playing in the snow here in the past and at approximately the same time of the day. I will endear that image in my mind forever.

It was just me, those fox and my whisper of the maha-mantra that was so magical, even when the red fury fellows noticed me and then hurriedly dashed off.

This day was the anniversary of the Bhagavat-Gita being spoken. Some Gita verses I reflected on were Arjuna’s queries and remarks which reveal his transformation. “ I feel the limbs of my body quivering……I am forgetting myself…..It would be better to live by begging than top live at the cost of the lives of great souls……I am confused. …..Instruct me. What are the symptoms of one who is in transcendence? How does he speak? How does he sit and walk? ……Why do you want to engage me in this warfare? …..By what is one impelled to act offensively, even against one’s will, as if by force? …..Yoga is impractical for the mind is restless…..what is the destination of the unsuccessful who in the beginning takes to the process? ……What is the self? What is Karma? ……I wish to see how you entered into the cosmic form!.....Who are you? …..You are air, fire, water, the moon, Your are everything….Please tolerate the wrongs I have done. Excuse me.”

8 Km

No comments: