Wednesday 16 April 2008

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tues, April 8/08 - Thunder Bay, ON., Canada

I’m in this northern city to take part in this “Yogafest” this weekend. My “in” with this festival is as a director for “The Age of Kali”. It entails volunteer actors from the local community, some of which are students and some that have had little or no acting experience. The Yogafest will show yoga demonstrations, chanting sessions and the drama followed by sumptuous food, prasadam.
I am hosted in the home of Dr. Jani who is the fourth doctor to take a keen interest in my still exciting spider bite at the neck region. It has been three weeks of bearing the bite which up to now has not itched. Two large abscess had developed and have been nurtured by these doctors who saw to it that like two volcanoes, the lava was sure to flow. It was a case of pus in the plus. My early morning jaunt was in the Neebing area just outside Thunder Bay where winter still lingers. Fortunately walking done under different conditions has earned me a freedom to have comfort even with little depth of clothing. It is learning to become freer from bodily perception. I am thrilled about that but less so about my attentiveness to the chanting that accompanies the walking.
As for the chanting of the Maha Mantra, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, said, “ I have no attraction for the sound of transcendence.“ In all His humility he persisted in chanting while feeling he could not approach the divine in the proper frame of mind.

5km

No comments: