Wednesday 16 April 2008

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thurs, April 10/08 - Thunder bay, Ontario

After days of overcast weather the sun decided to be present which fueled my interest to walk to the city, a distance of 22km. Now that is not a marathon for me and it merely became a wish. I settled for a brief trek from Dr. Jani’s house until he picked me up. While taking those steps along the highway motorists honked so with that plus the spring in the air my passion for cross country hauls became ignited once again.
My late mornings to mid-afternoons are spent in an apartment occupied by two students of Lakehead university. They are the ones on marathons. One of the boys sat at his desk for 14 hours straight with his studies for exams. Student life can be stressful. We have all heard of some of the negative side effects of assignment build up.
Some of the volunteer actors for our “Age of kali” are students and they are feeling that this project which is extra-curricular is helping them unwind.
A prominent artist from the area, Derek Khani, is playing the lead role, and he decided to come to the apartment to get a bit of personal attention and a bit of coaching.
I have been attention myself to a remarkable book, “Salted bread”. It is a biography of a religiously persecuted Krishna monk who endured two years imprisonment under KGB suppression in the late 80’s. This book is an easy read and is overall most inspiring for anyone on the devotional path.

2km only

No comments: