Saturday 21 July 2007

Ontario/Timmins

Friday, June 22, 2007

It does not seem hot, although summer is supposed to be upon us. It is the summer solstice. The chill keeps the bugs down. This is merely a reminder of the dual world that we live in-- hot, cold; affection, repulsion; joy, sadness. It rarely, if ever, becomes comfortable for us. Nature only teases and presents an allurement.

As I walk, to my left a coffee cup is tossed and blown by the wind. Seemingly, the cup is supposed to have contents or substance, but it is hollow.

At 6:30 AM, hundreds of cars turn off the highway to reach their place of employment at the XStrada Copper Mine. I ask myself, "If I did not take up the life of renunciation, would I be routinely making a daily trip to the mine to work a day or night shift?" Somehow, by providence, I've taken a different path.

My day is cut short as I must depart for Toronto to attend a funeral.

16 kms

No comments: