Saturday 21 July 2007

Ontario/Borups Corners

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

She was a bubbly one. Cheerful! The type that stands out in the crowd. Her name is Samantha but her adopted native name, which I can’t recall, means “the lady who laughs loud.” With me she was not humourous but enthusiastic to see a monk. She was today’s booster.

It had been glum. My right knee had been acting up to the point where the first 10 kms (and in the rain) brought intense pain. So there she was after my second shot at the road merrily driving eastbound on Hwy. 17. Because she’s a nurse, I took her as “God-sent.”
She looked and suggested a tensor bandage (which Darshan Doug so happened to have in the vehicle).

Another chap from Atikokan raised my spirits.

The afternoon was a walker’s dream- partly cloudy, slightly cool but the morning was wet. It’s all good whatever the weather. I’m being given what I’m meant to be given.

30 kms

No comments: