Friday 2 December 2022

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Toronto, Ontario

With Students and Teachers

Since my arrival back to Canada, very little span of time was available to get re-settled back on my saddle. Happily awaiting me was a planned presentation with students. Eighty of them arrived from Toronto’s east wing. It was a Grade 11 group from a Catholic High School, with four teachers. I gave the usual ABC’s of Krishna Consciousness, engaged the group in a mini version of pushpanjali (offering of flowers), managed to get them to chant and dance and, for a grand finale, arranged for them to have a wholesome meal of Krishna’s blessed food, prasadam. Actually, forty-five students from the same school came yesterday as well, for the same type of experience.

The teachers were very satisfied and one of them expressed a desire for doing such a thing again in the spring. I’m certainly game for it. I just love it when I see happy faces. Although, during the presentation few students had any deep questions. They were absorbing the sights and sounds of our temple (and tastes). They live rather sheltered lives and so I imagine we come across as rather exotic; different and new, at least.

Personally, I appreciate that these students are fortunate to have in their curriculum a comparative religions course. As one of the teachers put it, “It opens up their eyes. They begin to see a broader world.” She was saying what our guru Prabhupada used to say about approaching God through various avenues; as long as one cultivates a love for Him.

May the Source be with you!



 

No comments: