Friday 12 August 2022

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Christie Pits, Toronto

Passing of Atul Krishna

When I flew in to the Toronto airport yesterday, Tuesday, my always kind Nanda Maharaj Das from Brampton picked me up and drove me to nearby Mississauga, to the house of Atul Krishna. He and his wife, Banuja, have been long-term dedicated members of Krishna Consciousness. He has been under difficult health conditions and more recently went for the worse. I felt heart-obliged to see him before anything else. The local devotee care team had been praying for him.

When I saw him at his home, I saw a very frail and bedridden man. It was hard to see him as he was usually a tall figure. His family was around him. We all chanted. He was struggling physically and didn’t seem to recognize me, although he had asked for me only two days before. He was initiated only a year before and, overall, it was time to move on.

After our chanting to him I mentioned to the family, all surrounding, that everything is fine. “He’ll be going. He’ll be in a better place. Unfortunately, we are left here to rot.” That brought some laughter. I just wanted to assure all that he’s okay in Krishna’s hands.

The next day he passed away and the cremation is on for Thursday; a quiet departure, as he wanted. So, rest in peace.

Atul Krishna a.k.a. Atul Behari Pandey, April 21, 1942-August 2, 2022. He was a good man – a good devotee.

May the Source be with you!

7 km


 

No comments: