Wednesday 10 August 2022

Friday, July 29, 2022

Edmonton, Alberta

Reflect on the Past

There is never a day that goes by that I don’t feel intense gratitude to guru and God. Had Prabhupada, my beloved spiritual master, not picked me up from a period of confusion, I might have ended up like many of the deprived individuals I see before me. This epiphany came to me, head-on, when a group of twenty or so chanters, including the well-known kirtaniya, chant leader, Agnideva, and myself processioned our way along Whyte Avenue in Edmonton in the evening.

Whyte Avenue is supposed to be the hip and happening section of Edmonton. You are looking at cafés and drinking joints, and joints themselves, with a corralling of special interest groups. There are the homeless and very dependent people; non-hygienic persons lost to the senses and burn out situation.

I could have been in that number of the super lost. When young I was a moderate radical, if that makes any sense. I could have steered off in a dark and helpless direction. Thanks to guru’s grace I didn’t. I believe that the religious training and spirituality of my early childhood (thanks to my parents) is also why I was spared. Their discipline was the launching pad to bhakti, which brought me to a position of meekness to the world.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

May the Source be with you!

4km


 

No comments: