Sunday 7 November 2021

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

 

A Dynamite of a Day

 

An interesting name for a pathway – the “Dynamite Trail.” Well, it does exist. I have the proof as I walked on it this morning. And I had the glory of trekking on the bridge overlooking the Mush-a-mush River. Beautiful sight! And the smells – nostril arousing – especially the pines.

 

This phenomenal trail led me to the South Shore Waldorf School where one of its teachers, Yogendra, offered me to speak to three of the classes. It was a stimulating day doing these classes – one on the story of Dhruva, another on “Saints” and finally the topic of pilgrimage. Indeed, I was dredging up memories of pedestrian pastimes and sharing them with youngsters and teens who are at an age wondering about their own futures.

 

I do like to think that my tales from trails urge some of them to journey to areas of adventure that will contribute to their further formation of good character. Nice school. Nice teachers! Nice building!

 

From the school, Yogendra drove us to his farm, a two-acre home with barns, garden and pasture, all situated on a ridge. Two of the teachers came by for company and there, after soup and bread, we read from the resilient book “Sri Isopanisad,” the first mantra which highlights the need for all entities to contribute to the function of the Whole. The follow-up discussion was enlivening.

 

Yogendra led us to his Highland breed of cows and his sheep. A good day! Peaceful creatures!

 

May the Source be with you!

4 km




 

No comments: