Wednesday 12 May 2021

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

A Dangerous Situation?

 

Franck recognized me at the park and came up to the mound where I was sitting.

 

“India’s not doing too good right now,” he said in concern over the Covid situation.

 

“That’s right.”

 

“So, you walked all of Canada?”

 

“And the US from Boston to San Francisco. A few more small countries.”

 

Frank continued, “Were you ever in a dangerous situation?”

 

“Oh yes, bears, blackflies and sometimes people. That shouldn’t be too surprising – the people part.” I told Frank about what looked like right out of a movie, the standard lines, “Get off this land or we’ll shoot!” And that was said while on public property – the road.

 

Frank was intrigued and wanted to hear more about the purpose of the walking, although I did say I was encouraging pilgrimage. And. by the way, I interrupted his walking. I also had to go for a Zoom talk, which we have every Thursday afternoon. He went his way and I went mine.

 

Over that discussion we dwelt on verse 9:30 of The Bhagavata-gita, a significant verse since it addresses the topic of what happens to a person, who, once on the path of bhakti, commits some error. Will he/she be punished? Will, he/she be given another chance by the Creator? By Krishna?

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km



 

No comments: