Tuesday 4 May 2021

Friday, April 30, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

It Dawned on Me

 

It was quite the humid day; cool to the feel. The wind was up and trees were dancing with their upper bodies while their trunks, as usual, were anchored stiff.

 

When my services were completed for the day, which included a Zoom chat with our Halifax crew and another on plans for our next film production, I took the opportunity to walk a stretch. It wasn’t long but it was…

 

The other day when I did a walk the length of Ramsden Park, I took a gayatri mantra break right next to the tennis courts. I realize something I hadn’t noticed about the maintenance of that facility. It was already dark and I heard two people, a couple, rummaging around in the court. They were talking. I presumed they were the last tennis players of the day but when they walked by me while I was on the park bench, I realize they were maintenance people. First she, then he, passed by carrying a load. She held a stack of tennis balls in her arms and as she passed by she gave a “Hi!” Because I gave a Hi!” Then he, dragging a baby carriage, for practical reasons I suppose, was taking the balance of paraphernalia back to a nearby storage. He also said, “Hi!” After I did.

 

It dawned on me that we just assume everything in this world is automatically there for the taking and using. We don’t realize that someone is in charge, set things up, maintaining the place and eventually may destroy and re-do the place. It must be the way of the Creator as well.

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: