Thursday 13 May 2021

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Ramsden Park, Toronto

 

Bright Yellow

 

The grassy green of the park is now spotted with the yellow of the dandelion. Yellow is a happy colour. In our culture we read about the striking yellows worn by Krishna and Vishnu, from the waist down. Also, I have a fond reflection of the colour yellow from the time I walked the prairies. The yellow tone of the canola (not my favorite plant) set against the endless blue sky is just absolutely stunning.

 

Rich colours overall. It can make your day.

 

There was more to my day than that long sit in the park in observation of colours. Today I spent some quality time on the phone with the Windsor group, speaking on The Gita, verse 9:30. The passage is most significant in that when one has a bleak moment in one’s bhakti, such as a “fall down,” one can be considered rightly situated by picking oneself up through actions of integrity. There are nine processes that one can take to for one’s rectification.

 

You see there is a bright spot, colour it yellow if you like, in life, or in the day.

 

A brilliant dynamic for me also came when meeting students from Sudbury; all happy and proud for having discovered bhakti. Their mentor, Darshan (can’t remember his initiated name) is training them well. It might sound strange but they looked like brilliant dandelions to me.

 

I also spent some time on the phone with Radhanatha Swami, another “yellow moment.” And, finally, I was so pleasantly touched by the heroic act of 18 km by the couple, Mahabhagavat and Arun Keshavi, who walked from their home to the destination point of our temple. Their son, Vittal rode his bike all the way. Not too bad for seven years old.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: