Friday 24 November 2017

Sunday, November 19th, 2017

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Missed

I missed the procession of Jagannatha.  Too busy.  To the very last minute, our crew was preparing our drama for the stage.  We did perform.  There were some glitches, but overall, the audience, which usually patiently awaits what theatrically is in store for them, was very focused.  That’s not always an easy thing to achieve in an outdoor setting.  The people liked the story.  “Thumbs up,” said they, but it’s a work in progress for sure.

Every year that the Chariot Fest is pulled off in any city, that is an accomplishment.  The work and sacrifice, especially the lack of sleep, cannot be underestimated.  In this regard, I have my heroes list in Buenos Aires that I mentally and by the heart do check.

There’s Mahahari, the president of the local community.  Left with a son to raise after his terrific wife, Gandarvika, recently passed, he does everything in the light-hearted spirit.  Without him the show does not go on.

Then we have Merudevi, who with the coolest head and permanently etched “yes” on her face, looks after the stage agenda, administration and assembly.  There may be more that she does which I’m unaware of.  As a monk, I don’t search deeply into the female affairs, even if devotional.  All I know is she’s a steady pillar in that department.

When I visit yearly, I share a room with Gauravani Swami, German-born, and we have the most meaningful chats.

Finally, I do not forget Gunagrahi Swami, who’s like a big bro to me and who introduced me, along with Murari from Miami, to the community.  He is absent, being in Vrindavan, India, stricken with cancer.  He has had so much to do with building up this community.  Bless him!

May the Source be with you!

0 km


No comments: