Tuesday 15 July 2014

Monday, July 7th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario
 
From Big to Little City
 
The annual visit from the group Encounter happened today.  Putting into practice their purpose, as the name implies, the organization arranges to connect with others, particularly faith groups of different kinds.  'Learning,' I imagine is a key word.
 
The questions from the group of 50 flowed like one of those many gushing streams of water I had just seen in BC during my cross-country walk.  In fact the group was very curious about the pilgrimages I've taken, as they were curious about the lady on the altar with the fluffy white thing she was moving about.  That 'thing' is called a chamara and it is used as part of our ritual.  A chamara is a Yak tail with a fancy handle.  They were also keen to know about the Beatle's involvement in Eastern mysticism, Krishna Consciousness, and in our founder, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.  The group sang from the heart in our chanting session, then relished the veg feast which the devotees had prepared.  What a great group of inquisitiveness they are.
 
Part two of my day was spent in Owen Sound, a very relaxed and smart-looking little city where I'll spend 3 days rehearsing with young guys aged 12 to 18 for a road show that travels across Canada.
Rajesh and Alpa, my hosts, are always enthusiastic about Krishna Conscious activities.  We trekked the downtown as we chanted on our beads.  Rajesh's unrealistic but eager remark was, "Maharaj, you just stay in our town forever."  My thought was, "I'd like to but I'm a swami and swamis are nomadic.  They just keep rockin' and rolling"
  
May the Source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: