Tuesday 15 July 2014

Friday, July 4th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario
 
Community
 
 
"I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.  I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live."
 
The above quote is from George Bernard Shaw.  I copied this quote affixed to a pedestrian bridge on my walking trail across the country.  For many who read this, it should resonate well.  How can we live without community?
 
The community efforts for me this very day entails a trip to Montreal where our drama team members from Toronto will embark on the journey of entertaining the crowds at the annual Chariot Festival.
 
If walking can be a spiritual venture because of the divine intent behind it then anything you do, even theatre can be spiritually experiential when the objective is divine.  Any endeavour, provided it has a divine connection, can serve to liberate the participant by dint of devotion.  As humans we have either the obligation or the opportunity, whichever way you wish to approach it, to make the connection.  Think in terms of raising the consciousness.  Start with this intent or desire and best is to work with others, as in community, and be successful.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
3 KM

No comments: