Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014

Strath Haven, Guyana
 
Water Form Above And Within

Clouds and sun have a field day with each other. Expect a downpour at anytime. It keeps temperature from rocketing. I don't mind that at all.
     
At the temple of the Nimai Pandit Study Center a few of us were poised for the opening of the curtain for viewing the two erect-standing beautiful deities of Gaura and Nitai but before they were revealed a large black moth invited himself into our space. He got very close to the curtain. For viewing? I doubt it.
     
A donkey was braying. He didn't seem to stop. Meanwhile the curtain opened. It was 6:08 am and a formal arati (offering of items to the deities) began. We started chanting for guru and Krishna. All was good except I asked one young monk to clap softly as he was obscuring the mantras.
    
I gave class and proceed on with my assistant, Dronacharya, to our accommodation where a second rehearsal was held for "Little Big Ramayan". Boy, do people sweat here! It is near enough to the equator and any minor movement invites perspiration. That's supposed to be good for you.
   
Day two of padayatra went on. Two young brothers, 8 and 3, tagged along. The three year old one held onto my hand the whole time. No one seemed to know who their parents were. I concluded that love and trust prevails in Guyana. It was only at the end of the program, 9 pm, that their dad showed up.The atmosphere is strong with family values, I would say, and where you have that, it's a safer  environment.
 
Personally I crave for a more wholesome world - with family - you know the type of family I am talking about: Mum, Dad, God, cat, dog, brother, sister, donkey or ass. Not necessarily in that order. They are creatures who sweat together.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
4 KM

No comments: