Wednesday 1 May 2013

Monday, April 29th, 2013

I Knew
 
Saranagti, BC
 
I took the liberty to lie down on the forest floor to take a nap.  I could hear a pervasive whisper; the wind blowing through the pine needles.  The ground was dry and there was ground and moss despite a light snow that had struck earlier in the day and then melted. 
 
I knew the bears were still asleep and ticks were unlikely to move about. 
 
I had the perfect sleep, a 40 minute transfer to another world.  Half awake then from slumber I mentally perused through what had just passed since dawn – a morning chant and arati with hosts, Partha and Uttama, a class and drama workshop with young students at Govardhana Academy (that was sweet), and a lunch and discussion while emitting healthy emotions and reason.
 
Left to do was more visitations at two more homes.  What lay ahead for the people of this valley?  Just what course or direction do we take here?  My answer would be that the first and foremost is the spiritualization of the self through the collective effort of all and to do so under the allegiance of guru and Krishna.  There appeared to be a need for the community to come closer together.  I had suggested we venture through the 9 Devotions Workshop, “We shall see how it goes”, I thought in my half doze. 
 
The sprinkled snow landed on my nose, compelling me to rise and complete the day’s ration of activities.  As I walked to my next destination, breathing in the greatest mountain air and seeing not a trace of a tossed Starbucks cup, I knew I was in heaven. 
 
3 KM
 

 

No comments: