Wednesday 17 March 2010

Tuesday, March 16th, 2010

Headlines

Toronto, Ontario

I passed by a news box stand. The headlines on the Toronto Star read “Everybody Walks”. I was so curious what the caption was referring to. I would have acquired a copy but the dollar I didn’t have and so I simply accepted that I was not going to be reading about this passion I share with so many other people – walking.

Sometimes headlines are not very representative of the article’s contents. They can mislead. The term headlines did remind me of a joke.

QUESTION: Did you hear about the corduroy pillow?
ANSWER: They made headlines.

The most prominent line that I could read on people’s heads was the mouth. If you look at anyone’s face some obvious lines are visible. From the bottom up is the mouth, then the end of the nose, the eyes, eyebrows, and perhaps wrinkled brows on the forehead. There are vertical lines to make up the nose’s ridge. And extending from there you may have, depending on your age, a diagonal line from above each nostril which runs down to reach the edge of the mouth.

These lines can be seen when you walk as you see pedestrians when people are in vehicles rushing by at breakneck speed. What was great about today was the weather and for this reason the mouth line became curved or cupped as smiles. The care culture does rob the individual of details that the radio cannot compensate for.

What I am saying is to avoid the automobile as much as possible and start to see lines and etchings that you would not otherwise.

9 KM

No comments: