Saturday 9 May 2009

Tuesday, May 5th, 2009

An Interview

Toronto, Ontario

Because I know I will be spending a considerable time of the day in a sedentary fashion, I consciously plan some mobile time on my feet. There’s that need for balance. So that’s covered in the morning.

Today I was set for a documentary interview on the topic of “The Last Rites.” Keith, an independent film-maker, with assistant Dana, penetrated rather deeply with questions relating to the closure of life. But even more so, their questions diverted to all realms of Krishna Conscious activities. It was stimulating for me and for them.

After a three hour sit down for a glorious session, including a meal of bitter melon and veggie curry, it was time to stretch our legs and exchange appreciations. Naturally I’m content for the exposure and opportunity to speak on an old tradition that believes in a soul’s migration from one life form to another; when, at the time of expiry, the body is either cremated or left for burial.

Spiritual leaders have always taken the responsibility to care for this most critical stage in life, to see to a relatively peaceful exit from this world. When you think about it, it is such an important task. Methinks the rule of the priest is underrated these days.

6 Km

No comments: