Monday 20 April 2009

Thursday, April 16th 2009

Durban, South Africa

Flying from Johannesburg to Amsterdam and then to Norway was a fine couple about to retire from their years at work. I sat next to them enroute to Amsterdam. They had their heart set on seeing the Northern lights as a life-time dream. Gail the lady constantly wanted to see out the window, with a wonder like a child to see and explore. It would be hard to identify her age on the basis of interest in life.

She was keen to know about the Vedic perspective on the “life-after”. To receive a body after donning a human body was totally acceptable to her. The choices or options for new experiences in new bodies are practically unlimited. “Human life is a special prize”, I explained. “It’s a real achievement; however, we can grossly misuse this position. And if we do then most certainly we slide notches downward to less-rational thinking beings.”

Gail was interested in the book, “Coming Back” published by Bhaktivedanta Book trust to do with the topic of transmigration. She reminded me twice about getting the book from my luggage in the overhead. I promised that I would fulfill this obligation.

While Peering out the window I felt the feel of migrating and as my mind moved through different thoughts I could appreciate the statement from the Bhagavad-Gita that we all travel through different states of consciousness and born out of that are different bodies wrapped around the mind.

0 Km

No comments: