Friday 27 June 2008

Monday, June 23rd, 2008

Monday, June 23, 2008 - Atlanta, Georgia, USA

The early, early trek along Ponce de Leon near the ISKCON temple kept me in the presence of trees and bushes. By the time I reached the morning service at 4:30 a.m. and I came to the light of the temple’s interior, I realized I had been carrying with me a number of crawling guests. They decided to piggyback on my kurta (upper robe) and by providence use me as their transport agency. Without detailing my new found friends, I came to realize that each and everyone of us have come to this world to carry an awesome account of “stuff”. The most subtle of this “stuff” is Karma, of course.
Through our travels we attract or repel as much energy, positive or negative. The ultimate cause and effect occurring in the world with all such interactions is credited to the cause of all causes. How I came to be in Atlanta for now has mixed reasons behind it, but the Gita informs us of many causes behind action. Finally it is the cause of all causes, the Supersoul, that determines the outcome.
I had the good fortune to deliver the message of a verse from the Bhagavatam to the group of 40 or so youths I will be traveling with for the summer. This year’s summer tour production is billed as “Dharma” which features the tragic hero Karna.

5 km

No comments: