Sunday 22 June 2008

Friday, June 20th, 2008

Fri. June 20/08 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Some remarks from people while walking…….(at Cedarvale Park),
A guy said respectfully, “Hey, I like the outfit!” “Thanks!”
A woman in black with green lipstick apparently on some substance said, “Go to the Druids and don’t eat anything…..” “I’ll think about it”, I reply.
A mother with a young son and daughter asked, “Are you the walking monk?” “Yes, I am” From there a healthy discussion took place about walking, people, and life.
Another man offered a positive, “Hare Krishna”.

(On Bloor st.)

A tall young man at an intersection asked, “ Are you Hare Krishna?”
“Tell me about it”.
And so I did covering the topic of transmigration. He remarked that he was ready to move up and not willing to continue being enamored by the wheel of Maya. …….
Another chap addressed me as Gandhi. “ What’s the scoop?”
So I mentioned that we are not these bodies , but spirits. He heard of Maya before.
“Isn’t maya evil, He asked?”
“Maya is illusion, a test for us to see how far we will stray from our real purpose.”
Two more “Gandhi” remarks were heard as I walked west on Bloor. There were also nods and folded palms from others saying, “Hare Krishna.” What really gave me a chuckle that broke my soft chanting was when one dude said, “I think that’s the love Guru.”

7km

No comments: