Wednesday 16 November 2022

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Sunday Funday

The current temperatures in some parts of Canada are unseasonably warm and out east, in Nova Scotia, we are enjoying the benefits of this favourable climate with 20⁰ Celsius in our midst. The situation compelled a number of us to absorb as much vitamin D as possible by hitting the trails that take us through hard and softwood trees, lakes and ponds and rocks at both sides, only to be interrupted by the occasional development site. For me it was a straight trek – fast but not furious trek – and I had a few amigos to accompany me along the way.

I really didn’t want to stop but previous arrangements and scheduling forced me off the trail. It was a pleasant disappointment.

Among today’s commitments of visitations, and a meaningful meeting, was a visit to the Vedanta Ashram Society, on Cork St. where my musical team, Mahadev, Annapurna and I engaged in kirtan, a speech and a rally of all attendees to get up off their feet to sing and dance. From there we mobilized our group to the ISKCON program at the Atlantic School of Theology.

Bhakti Prabhava Swami, who was there just a few weeks ago, went into the building, which is an actual church shared by three Christian denominations, and said, “This is first class.” I couldn’t agree with him more. It has great acoustics for kirtan. There is also an extra room for Sunday School, and it’s situated right next to the harbour so the view is wonderful.

May the Source be with you!

8km


 

No comments: