Sunday 8 May 2022

Monday, May 2, 2022

243 Ave. Rd., Toronto

The Robin and the Book

Nowadays when you wake up in the morning it is not uncommon to hear one of the sweetest song birds around. Even at 4 am (my general time to roll out of bed) I am greeted by the optimistic feathered friend in the form of the common robin. This most prominent of spring birds flies from tree to tree but also takes quality time on grass or soil, bobbing along, looking for breakfast. This welcoming red-breasted creature is well-equipped for yanking out of the earth the juiciest of worms. I really just wanted to put this guy under the spotlight because, for me, this creature really does, like many birds, bring joy to my life.

One more thing I wanted to bring to the readers’ attention is the launch of the book “The Saffron Path,” written by me, the Walking Monk, which in some respects is the translation of my name, Bhaktimarga Swami. The book is a compilation of walking experiences in the US, Canada, Ireland, Israel, Guyana, Trinidad, Fiji, and Mauritius.

I hope the contents will be pleasing to the reader. I have incorporated the element of adventure, introspection, pilgrimage, and the marathon mood. For me, a highlight is the interaction with people. Lots of pics.

The book is available with Amazon and comes in paperback form and with kindle format soon to come. I want to thank editors Abhidheya (Lynne Murray), Wade Wilson, and Nitai Priya (Jennifer Layne) for the excellent editing. The book is selling on a good discount right now.

May the Source be with you!

https://youtu.be/zEVa7ePCGFw

 


No comments: