Tuesday 28 December 2021

Friday, December 24, 2021

Vancouver/Toronto

 

Christmas Eve

 

I’ve been telling people that I’m going to catch Santa’s sleigh with his reindeer after his last chimney delivery. Well, timing-wise it couldn’t have been closer. It’s Christmas eve and I flew on a five-hour flight towards the east and not the North Pole.

 

I left Vancouver with good feelings. The community there treated me well. There’s still lots of work to be done in terms of developing cohesion. On the good side, there are a lot of good devotees doing lots of good devotional tasks, exceeding those of Santa. The restriction on gathering is hurting, like in all communities around the world. For instance, I’m coming back home to Toronto and I’ll be on some kind of self-quarantine, just to be on the safe side. No, I didn’t come in contact with anyone. Just being cautious.

 

I deplaned in the evening and was picked up by Nimai Nitai. Some message came that I’m to be on Zoom for a Gita class. Oops! Missed that one. Looks like I’m up for giving an apology. I’ll also have to get back to a sweet couple who left me a gift to carry back from Vancouver. I just didn’t have room or the extra space in my luggage. Another apology!

 

This time of year our spirits are supposed to be up. Even the Gita states that margasirsha (Nov. – Dec.) is a good time.

 

Here’s my small take on the first stanza of Gershwin’s “Summertime,” only I’ll call it “Wintertime.”

 

Wintertime, and the livin’ ain’t easy

Snow is fallin’ and virus counts are high

Oh! God is rich and His consorts good lookin’

So hush little baby, don’t you cry

 

May the Source be with you!

Hare Krishmas!

 



 

No comments: