Wednesday 20 September 2017

Monday, September 18th, 2017

Salt Lake City, Utah

To Salt Lake

It is our first day of travel back to the east—a long twelve hour drive on Interstate 80.  No walking for me today.  The boys and I were on a tight deadline to make it to Salt Lake City.

The two-consecutive-no-walking-day program has me a little worried.  If it keeps up, I’ll gain weight again.  Currently my kurta (upper cloth) hangs loose on my torso and I'm kind of glad about that.  Future tailoring means a tighter knit with the kurta, if I stay thin.  Just a bit of discipline is required in the form of walking to keep pounds (karma) at bay.

While in the passenger’s seat, I get the chance to keep up with reading Chasing the Rhinos With the Swami, authored by Shyamasundar.  I'm in the episode where he met and spent quality time with George Harrison.  Marshall was in the driver's seat and reminded me of a song by Geroge—“Any Road.”  So I played it from the phone.  Here are some of the lyrics:

“Oh I've been traveling on a boat and a plane
In a car on a bike with a bus and a train
Traveling there and traveling here
Everywhere in every gear

But oh Lord we pay the price
With a spin of a wheel, with the roll of a dice
Ah yeah you pay your fare
And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there.

And I've been traveling through the dirt and the grime
From the past to the future through the space and the time
Traveling deep beneath the waves
In watery grottoes and mountainous caves.

But oh Lord we've got to fight
With the thoughts in the head, with the dark and the light.
No use to stop and stare
And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there

You may not know where you came from
May not know who you are
May not even wondered how
You got this far.

I've been traveling on a wing and a prayer
By the skin of my teeth by the breadth of a hair
Traveling where the four winds blow
With the sun on my face, in the ice and the snow.”  https://youtu.be/kVxeLZyzswU


The song goes on.  It’s sweet.

The program in Salt Lake was sweet, too.  We chanted and gave a report of our walking travels up to San Francisco.  I asked if anyone knew about Tumbleweed, the kitten we found on the side of the highway, in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of the night.  We left her at Spanish Fork amidst the llamas back in August.

Thanks to the Sharma’s who opened their home for the program and Rasavilas for the accommodation.

May the Source be with you!

0 mi

No comments: