Friday 2 January 2015

Tuesday, December 30th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario
 
Find Light
 
 
I was drawn to Casa Loma this morning.  They call it Canada's best known castle.  Going for a japa (chanting) walk with two American friends and another from Montreal, I take a dual role as their mentor and tour guide simultaneously.
 
This impressive structure is a mere 20 min walk from our ashram.  It sits gracefully atop a hill. Developers dare not rival its majestic presence.  I believe it's law that you cannot put this edifice into obscurity.  It's a good law.
 
Our small walking team was awed by Casa Loma.  But even more so by a lit up yuletide ornament at the building's front door.  There we marveled at this classy illuminated horse and sled display.  Our interpretation is that here we see the chariot that was meant for Krishna and Arjuna.  It glows in the dark and is totally attractive.
 
I guess we are always fascinated by anything that gives light in the dark.  Try walking in the night alone under an aurora borealis sky like I have experienced and you will have gone through a sensation.
 
I believe it is practically everyday that I look for something that casts an effulgence.  I was really pleased to read from the "Journal of Vaisnava Studies" the first article by a friend, Shukavak N Dasa, author of "Hindu Encounter with Modernity", on the life of spiritual luminary Bhaktivinode Thakur.  His article made my heart shine in the dimness of an often dark world and provided what newspaper articles cannot. 
 
May the Source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: