Monday 21 July 2008

Sunday, July 13th, 2008


Sun, July 13/08 - Montreal, Canada

I have never seen a summer so wet. Today the rains poured down like the monsoons of India, atleast at times. While under the main tent of the Festival of India at Jeanne Mance Park I passed by a man of national celebrity status.

Just as 2 years ago Leonard Cohen, world-renowned poet and musician, chanced upon us (and made a repeat visit on day 2), so on this day I stopped as I walked by and turned around to say, “Oh I know you!” I thrust out my hand for a handshake. “Justin Trudeau,” he identified himself. Justin is the charismatic son of the late Perre Trudeau, Canada’s most popular Prime Minister and is himself entering into the political arena of service. He was most gracious and also happy to receive a copy of the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. He sat down to watch an audio-visual presentation of the soul’s transmigration and browsed around to see our exhibits even though rain descended on all. I wished him well in his career. It has been naturally predicted that he would be a future Prime Minister. Let’s see how karma swings.

3 km.

No comments: