Sunday 9 March 2008

Monday, March 3, 2008




Mon. Mar 3, 2008 - Mayapur, India.
I share a room with a friend, Revati Prananath, in the guest house called the Gada. This morning the people next door to us went frantic. They were in a panic yelling and screaming from the veranda and it drew much attention. Revati and I rushed from bed to see what the problem was.
“Bat! Bat! Bat!” they shouted. Sure enough one of those winged friends made his way into their quarters while on his night-time hunt. Revati was able to calm them down after the bat, with a fair-sized wing span made a glorious exit from their room. The poor thing I believe, was more in a state of shock than the people, and likely all he was trying to do was to do a favour by reducing the mosquito population. We often times do carry phobias that are mythically based.

The evening launch of “Kunti and Karna,” a play based on the Mahabharat and performed in the Samadhi auditorium was a huge success. I had been engaging a good 2 dozen youth in the production. I was proud of them. A number of my monk friends (swamis) praised their performance. One of them said I should do this full-time. Perhaps its something I’ll increase in my life’s output but I could never give up marathon walking.
7 KM




KUNTI AND KARNA - Part One (Clip)


KUNTI AND KARNA - Part Two (Clip)


KUNTI AND KARNA - Part Three (Clip)


KUNTI AND KARNA - Part Four (Clip)

No comments: