Saturday 1 September 2007

Tues., Aug. 28, 2007 Prince of Wales, NB

Today was auspicious. It wa the birth anniversary of one of the great pigrims of history. Balaram, the divine brother of Krishna, was
born to Vasudeva and Rohini while his father was imprisoned under the unsrupulous dictator Kamsa. While the fraticidal war of
Kuruksetra ensued, Balaram decided not to inolve himself in the dispute and travel from sacred gound to sacred groud. This was an
inspiration for me today which meant a half-day fast.
Doug and I fast in any event almost each day. We eat well while on the road but less than when at our homes. We like it that way.I met a host of people- all positive. Lapeau Falls (at break time) was impessive. I walked quiet roads, then a nauseous Highway #1.
The sun blazed and I was stuck there forever it seemed. I missed Doug's parked vehicle concealed under a shady tree. Motorists
came so I got boosted. Reps from the Saint John newspaper the Telegraph Journal came. Ashley interviewed me while Peter snapped a
few photos.
After cell phone duties and snacks at the oceanside, Doug and I left for the Kennedy family house in Saint John. They were our hosts
for the evening and have been acquainted with Krishna Consciousness for some years. They enjoy drumming and chanting. Our kirtan
(chanting) at night caught the attention of a young couple, Isaac and Mellisa, who were passing by the house, so they decided to
knock on the door and join us.
35 kms

No comments: