Tuesday 26 July 2022

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Calgary, Alberta

Landing for the Lord

At security in the Saskatoon airport, just behind me, was a tall man of medium-large frame and his son in the line up. I admit I immediately judged him (the father) as a prejudiced cowboy. However, when I sat down at Gate 5, the destination for Calgary, I found the two of them, sitting across the seating aisle, to be quite kind and curious.

“What does your attire represent, if you don’t mind me asking?” inquired Mr. Cooper (not related to yesterday’s Chief of Police, Officer Cooper). That question led on to a refreshing conversation which went rather deep. Mr. Cooper, with the first name of Michael, and his son hale from Terrace, B.C., and run a farm with green-housing. They were thoughtfully interested in the book “The Saffron Path.” A sale was made along with a friendship.

“I’m in Calgary for a Chariot Fest; a re-enactment of a family and friend reunion from the time of Krishna, 5000 years ago. It involves celebratory activities,” so I explained.

I’ve landed in Calgary with a little breathing space. In-between I ended up downtown for a rather happy but crowded group of bhakti yogis, all in cheer of the Lord of the Universe, Krishna. Actually, I was quite amazed by the turnout. It is a post-pandemic burst of social interactive-ness. As usual, with such an event, there are glitches but overall it was a great success.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: