Friday 25 March 2022

Friday, March 18, 2022

Ramsden Park, Toronto

Special Friday

What’s so good about Friday’s around the temple? Well, extra work is put into food preparation and the end result is 10 women receive delicious prasadam at the YWCA, all packed professionally and devotionally.

What else happened today, Friday? I opened the window of the second floor just for that good fresh spring weather and in comes an invisible cloud of marijuana. Someone down below got busy.

A student from Seneca College came today. I was scheduled for Friday to do an interview for his film class. For this, I definitely closed the window to block out sounds, and smells. His questions rolled out quite fluidly. Amongst them he wanted to know some of the pillars or tenets of our lifestyle. I began with “We serve. It is intrinsic in us.” For restrictions, I expressed that Krishna followers demonstrate more commitment to avoid eating animals, fish and eggs. We also say no to drugs and drinking. Gambling is out. And for sex, family planning is favorable. Another positive injunction is to love God, the world, and His creatures.

After the interview, I decided to take in the Friday energy by going outside to the park. It was busy at the tennis courts and at the dog park. At one juncture of a trail, I stopped and became captivated by an old vintage photo from year 1900. It was an image of two kids standing at a creek, which is now buried where I walked. It was touching.

As I ambled back to the ashram with the window, my eye caught two red cardinal love birds. How auspicious is this Friday?

May the Source be with you!

Check out “Play, Pray, Walk, Laugh,”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VODhCmb670M



 

 

 

No comments: