Wednesday 20 October 2021

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Yorkville, Toronto

The Opulence of Remembering

 

After my evening walk I made my way to the ashram and Prabhupada’s quarters and there was Krishna Chandra “at your service.” Often he will give that needed massage from foot to knee. At such times I usually read to him. I opened Chapter 10 of the Gita which reveals the opulence of the Absolute, hence its title. Verses twenty through forty outline these special reflections of the Absolute.

For the sake of both of us remembering as many of the names or items as possible, I read once, then twice, and on the third read, I asked Krishna Chandra questions, more or less with a fill-in-the-blank approach. He answered them quite well.

A sample: “I am the __________ in the hearts of all living entities.”

 

Another example: “Of the senses I am the __________.”

 

See if you could answer this one: “Of bodies of water I am the __________.”

 

Again, try: “Of immovable things I am the __________.”

 

More: “Of weapons I am the __________.” “Of secrets I am __________.” “To those who seek victory I am __________.”

Anyways, I believe it is a good way of learning. We were both engaged in doing something – he, the massage, and me, receiving it while repeating the words of Sri Krishna. From this chapter we can perceive God more and feel or see His presence in the things around us.

May the Source be with you!

3 km




 

 

No comments: