Sunday 14 February 2021

Saturday, February 6th, 2021

The Balcony, Toronto

 

Back At A Canal

 

Once again, my pacing today took place on the balcony of the temple room. I must have covered, by my calculation, 2 kilometres. I went in an east-west, back-and-forth movement, although the balcony is shaped like a horseshoe. With a very dim light cast on the four-leveled floor, I decided to play it safe by making no turns for fear that I might fall over to the next level. I don’t need any accidents at this point. I’ve scored quite well over the years of walking.

 

I recall in 2016 having a pretty good fall in Illinois along the Illinois and Michigan canal. I lost balance on what was literally a slippery slope and landed into the water’s edge. I picked myself up and went full throttle ahead.

 

I also remember leaving a mantra card at the spot where I fell and slipped and got partially wet. It was a marker of sorts, a demarcation point saying, “I was here!” It was interesting that approximately four days later I met two cyclist, one of whom saw me coming as they were sitting by relaxing from tenting overnight.

 

“Oh, are you that monk that’s walking?” She asked. I confirmed. “I’ve got your card. I found it at the last canal.”

 

I didn’t let her know that I had a good fall back there at that spot. Come to think of it, I know I left it behind hoping that my support person, Uttamananda, would find it and locate me. Well, he didn’t see the card although he was looking for me and knew my route. It was one of those times that I was lost and got a bit smudged up from the mud where I fell. I was forced to deliciously depend on Krishna. Anyway, after my balcony pacing I descended the stairs, went to the door and saw glorious snow coming down.

 

May the source be with you!

2 km

 

Please view our new film, Rolling the Dice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3legHdMgI


 

No comments: