Wednesday 17 April 2013

Monday, April 15th, 2013

Jehovah Would Not Be Pleased!
 
Bramalea, Ontario

This super enthusiastic woman approached me as I embarked on a foot journey towards the dental clinic. I was going westbound on Eglinton Avenue when she offered me a pamphlet. Before I commit I saw the word Jehovah on the cover of the pamphlet. That was cool. I was compelled to test her ability towards mutual exchange.

"I would be glad to take that pamphlet I would like to give you a card " (I keep mantra cards with me all the time.)

She responded rather rapidly. "I won’t use your card."

"Really!" I said. I have dealt with these types of folks before. I continued. "That does not sound like mutual friendship. I believe you have to change your policy. Jehovah would not be pleased."  And I forged ahead for my dental appointment leaving her a bit baffled. Upon my return from my dental visit in Bramalea I had the compulsion to visit the dinners at Govindas vegetarian lounge. There i met doctor Walter Dora, a professor at Canadian Forces College. Walter is an avid marathon runner. While he informed me of the tragic incident of an explosion killing and injuring a number of people at the renowned Boston marathon, he told me about his spiritual allegiances. He was born in a Seventh Day Adventist Hospital, which was a vegetarian institution. He also aligned himself with Sri Chimay.  His father was really big into Paramhamsa Yogenananda. The chat was great. 

During the parlance, in walked a couple who are committed followers of Uma, the hugging Guru. They are friends. Anyways you have all these people who have a different approach to spirituality and we seem to communicate all right with no thick brick walls between us.

The resistance came only from the Eglinton woman. I feel sorry for that but what to do. There must be openness and respect.  In my dentist office there is imprinted across the wall a saying "Listen and understand, then you will be understood.”

6 KM

No comments: