Monday 6 June 2022

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Moncton, New Brunswick

Treasures

 

There are always treasures that I stumble upon whenever I go for a walk. The treasures I’m referring to are human beings who show some inquisitiveness. This morning, while going for that stroll on Highfield St., I met a nurse by the name of Jocelyn.

“Excuse me, but I don’t mean to bother you, are you a monk?” she asked.

“Well, yes I am.”

“I just spent some time with a monk at a retreat, ‘La Solitude,’ and, now, here I meet another. He’s from Burma.”

I then went on to explain my adapted tradition from India. “I am from the Vaishnava order, better known as Hare Krishna. We concentrate on mantra meditation.

Jocelyn took my number and the mantra card. I wished her the best and asked her to contact me for any devotional service.

The other obvious treasure for me today was seeing Ryan, our travelling companion, make amends with his brother Matt. Both of them are young, talented, etc., but they had issues with each other for years. Somehow or other Ryan (and Matt, a resident of Moncton) smoothed out their rocky relationship. They saw the higher cause and the benefit in putting differences to the side. Perhaps the presence of maturity, like that from Mahadeva, Anna Purna, myself and their very own mother, helped to create a moderating effect. Perhaps, also, the sharing of sacred sound helped. Matt pulled out his drum at Ryan’s request and out of that Matt sounded his song, addressing the earth, followed up by our rendering of “Radha Madhava,” a treasure of a song by luminary Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: