Friday 10 June 2022

Friday, June 3, 2022

Quebec City, Quebec

Culture?

 

It was a very scenic, long drive to the area of Quebec City. A gracious host, Priya Radha, invited our troupe to her home for chanting and a talk. There was food and fun.

On the way to her home, at I’sle de Neige, I read to our troupe a recent poem I wrote about some observances of the world. This does not reflect on Radha Priya and her program. This is a first draft of “Culture? Do We Have One?”

 

Culture? Do We Have One?

 

Culture? Do we have one?

With waterways spoiled

And precious air done

The indigenous we foiled

 

We frequent and huddle

At cannabis, liquor, adult stores

A darkness veiled so sweetly subtle

Have junk food pass through our doors

 

The super-sensitive have a voice

Say nothing about nothing

A politically-correct selective choice

F-talks, rampant like anything

 

Offspring? Who needs them?

Too expensive, an excess

A “no kidding” program

But I must have my sex

 

A perplexed gender gen

Directions go every which way

What to do? And when?

Guru device knows what to say

 

Abuse? So much on the loose

Protection would be heaven-sent

Life is a neck to a noose

On our short-term body rent

 

Entitlement? I have my rights

Not working on my wrongs

I choose my battles, my fights

And listen to bashing songs

 

“Attitude” is a cynic’s spine

In a world of depleted values

With moral fibres on decline

It is the time of cultureless fellows

-          Composed by Bhaktimarga Swami, The Walking Monk©

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: