243 Ave. Rd., Toronto
A Short Statement
Compiled by Srila Prabhupada, the following is a statement on the philosophy of Krishna
1) By sincerely cultivating a bona fide spiritual science, we can be free from anxiety and come to a state of pure, unending, blissful consciousness in this lifetime.
2) We are not our bodies, but eternal spirit souls, parts and parcels of God (Krishna). As such, we are brothers, and Krishna is ultimately our common father.
3) Krishna is the eternal, all-knowing, omnipresent, all powerful, and all attractive Personality of Godhead. He is the seed-giving father of all living beings, and He is the sustaining energy of the entire cosmic creation.
4) The Absolute \Truth is contained in all the great scriptures of the world. However, the oldest known revealed scripture in existence are the Vedic literature, most notably, the Bhagavad-gita, which is the literal record of God’s actual words.
5) We should learn the Vedic knowledge from a genuine spiritual master, one who has no selfish motives and whose mind is firmly fixed on Krishna.
6) Before we eat, we should offer to the Lord the food that sustains us. Then, Krishna becomes the offering and purifies us.
7) We should perform all our actions as offerings to Krishna and do nothing for our own sense gratification.
8) The recommended means for achieving the mature stage of love of God in this age of Kali, or quarrel, is to chant the holy names of the Lord. The easiest method for most people is to chant the Hare Krishna mantra: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.
May the Source be with you!