Monday 11 October 2021

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The Annex, Toronto

On the Way to Get Tested

 

To go to The States requires that I take a covid test. The clinic where I could get this done was just a 2-kilometre distance away. Job was completed and on my return I walked down Wells St. when I heard, “Hey, Walking Monk.” It was repeated since I could not determine the source. The caller didn’t give up. “Hey, Walking Monk.”

There he was a middle-aged, dark-haired fellow I’ve met before. Once, while he was driving, he spotted me and at other times, too. He gets around and is somewhat mysterious about his identity. “So,” he said, “You’re the Walking Monk. I’m the Driving Yogi.” That remark cracked up his two companions having brunch on the veranda of, what I guess was, his house. He’s friendly enough.

It’s always great to have your stride mildly interrupted by people who show some interest. On the return journey an older fellow, sitting in a front yard of the same settled neighbourhood, asked me, “Buddhist?”

“No, Krishna!”

“Oh! Hare Krishna – on Avenue Road.”

“Why yes!” I said to him.

“What do you believe?”

“Our beliefs are a science based on the text Bhagavad-gita. It teaches that we are not the body, but we are spirit.” We spoke more. My only thought at that point was why does the covid test cost $200 at the clinic when the body is relatively insignificant?

 

May the Source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: