Monday 11 October 2021

Monday, October 4, 2021

Yorkville, Toronto

Thank You All

 

Usually when it is one of our birthdays, my siblings and I make that Zoom call and chat away, wishing the birthday boy or girl a happy occasion. This evening the six of us came together by the grapevine to acknowledge my day of hatching, which is actually tomorrow, the fifth. We are fond of each other. In our teens, we were the beachy-peachy types, meaning we liked the water in the summer and spent time picking fruit during harvest time.

When on the call we don’t have much spirited talk, although I do normally read one of my poems, especially the ones of a more secular nature. Not everyone in the clan is ready for the spiritual. In time, perhaps.

On this day, I want to not only recognize those cherished sibs of mine, but also those who gave me a good amount of love and mentoring in the early days of Krishna Consciousness. On my list of Krishna Conscious care are B.B. Govinda Swami (then Ayodhya-pati), Visvakarma, Drupada, Satyajit, Sripati, Rupa Vilas, Jagadisa, Hiranyagarbha, Laksmimoni, and more.

If it were not for their mentoring, I would not be a monk today.

I also wanted to thank, most graciously, those kind souls who have been super steadfast on this here blog which has been up and running for some years now. TheWalkingMonk.net is what it is due to the great help of Abhidheya, Nitai Priya, Dhruva, Yogendra, and a host of others. Bless you all. The purpose of the blog is to keep in touch. Thank you, Ananda Rupa, for the Facebook page, and Nakula, for the twitter.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: